Hi! My name’s Amir and I’m a (rising) junior and professional noob at Georgia Tech.
I like to build things with cool people. If you’re cool (which you are because you’re reading this), please say hi on Twitter.
Currently @ Amazon, ODC
Incoming @ Glide
Some maybe interesting things I did in the past
I host a podcast with a friend every week where we talk about creativity and happiness. I also do some public introspection aka thinking about random things right here and on Twitter.
- hacking on side projects
- reading Antifragile
- trying to learn to backflip
- Apollo - a Unix-style personal search engine and web crawler for your digital footprint, source (written in Poseidon)
- Mercury - a serverless, persistent, and minimalist note dump that works fully ofline (written in Poseidon)
- Zeus - a tool for creating, storing, and sharing customizeable lists composed of markdown elements (written in Poseidon)
- Welkin - procedurally generate different artistic drawings of cites/skylines that look hella pretty (written in Poseidon)
- Conway’s game of life (written in Poseidon)
- Poseidon’s first deployed website and “Hello World”
- Lispy - a programming language inspired by Scheme and Clojure
- Vibely - learn song lyrics quickly so you can vibe
- Carly - a tool to send my family and friends authentic digital cards in the style of handwritten messages
- Personal mind palace open-sourced here
- Puntastic for finding dad jokes
- Working interpreter, still some ways to go though!
- I ran a marathon on 1.5 months of training as a bet (time was 3:43:17) and here’s a picture because I still don’t believe it!
- I was born in Egypt, raised in Dubai, and have traveled to more than 10 countries around the world, from service trips in Kenya to surfing adventures in Thailand
- Although I am ethnically Egyptian, I learned English before Arabic. When my parents could only talk behind my back in French, I was forced to take it up in high school and show them otherwise