Hi! My name’s Amir and I’m a (rising) junior and professional noob at Georgia Tech.
Currently @ Amazon
Incoming @ Glide, @ ODC
A quick highlight reel — in the past, I’ve:
I host a podcast with a friend every week where we talk about creativity and happiness. I also do some public introspection aka thinking about random things right here and on Twitter.
- hacking on side projects
- reading Antifragile
- trying to learn to backflip
- Lispy - a programming language inspired by Scheme and Clojure
- Vibely - learn song lyrics quickly so you can vibe
- Carly - a tool to send my family and friends authentic digital cards in the style of handwritten messages
- Personal mind palace open-sourced here
- Puntastic for finding dad jokes
- Working interpreter, still some ways to go though!
- I ran a marathon on 1.5 months of training as a bet (time was 3:43:17) and here’s a picture because I still don’t believe it!
- I was born in Egypt, raised in Dubai, and have traveled to more than 10 countries around the world, from service trips in Kenya to surfing adventures in Thailand
- Although I am ethnically Egyptian, I learned English before Arabic. When my parents could only talk behind my back in French, I was forced to take it up in high school and show them otherwise